Sunday, May 8, 2011

polling day

Woke up early. Thats a lie of course, cos everyone wakes up at 9? Anyway, i slept with slight fever last night and my throat seems itchy or something. Everyone was going back home after exercise and there was a call to tell me to get ready to see a doctor. As i waited, i just ate losenges, and then suddenly i coughed out a hell lot of ..... never mind u dont want to know. I also blew out a lot of ... something, and then i felt almost recovered already.

Anyway, we went out to eat breakfast, but me and my dad went see doctor first. My dad seems very friendly with Mr Hong, the doctor there. His first sentence was "Pro? Or oppo?", then my dad replied "Oppo", and then they started chatting and laughing. Quite interesting to hear. Apparently, i slept before the results were announced last night and i realised PAP lost Hougang and Aljunied, and Joo Chiat was super close (difference in votes only 200+). They were joking that next election combine Joo Chiat GRC with Marine Parade, like "next election no more Joo Chiat already ah, hahaha". Then he mimic Lee Hsien Loong scolding his father, use some lousy guy, then lose and all that.

Then they said replace him with Mah Bao Tan, and then they broke down lol. Thats the guy who add ERP and all that right? He shudnt have won, cos apparently nobody i know so far likes him. Yea arrogance.

Anyway, the bottomline is that PAP was sent quite a strong signal so if they screw up in the next 5 years then too bad for them. So it may actually better this way, cos government wont change but definitely the MPs must do something and make improvements, i hope.

After that, i was diagnosed and went to eat breakfast while the doctor diagnose my father. Then there was this PAP bus that came buy with a banner "Thanks For Your Support", then half the ppl dint wave back LOL. But my mum and sis quite excited and went to take photos of them, and some ppl also were quite glad. I dint really do anything, but some ppl i look at their face feel like laughing.

I ate the medicine, and then im almost alright now? so fast. Its like my body already tried to recover itself in 1 hour and then the medicine make my fever go away and the nose spray make me stop mucusing. Hooray.

I read this book my sis showed me abt business. Very interesting, and i realised that everyone got misconception of Apple. Most of us think Apple got very bright future and all that right, but actually Microsoft shares are much more worth than Apple. I cant really explain to you, but maybe i shud try.

Gross Profit = Revenue - Cost of Revenue
Gross Profit Margin = Gross Profit/ Revenue

Apparently, Microsoft has Gross Profit Margin 79% and Apple has 33%. Thats not even counting all the operating costs, like advertisments and research and development. So Apple most probably is making losses, and it cant stop R&D or it becomes obsolete and all that. So Microsoft makes operating systems and all that, and even though it may not be as good as Apple's, it is doing quite well. 79% is really hacker, but the best is still Coca Cola. Almost 0 R&D, and it has been selling the same product for over 100 years and ppl still cant compete with it. So if u want to be rich, invest in something like Coca Cola.

Anyway i think that i want my future career to involve economics, business, maybe some math or physics, and so hopefully i end up as one of the economists to help Singapore. So i shud go SMU? I just cant decide yet... When the time comes, maybe i'll know? We have exams to worry about anyway...

May Ahem's blessing protect all from the evils of examinations. Ameh.

No comments:

Post a Comment