Sunday, May 1, 2011

politicians partying

Today my family went out to hear what the Worker’s party and PAP say. My second sister wasnt there (again), cos she went to her friend’s birthday party. I have no idea of what politics about (like I don’t even know what GRC stands for), but at least it was interesting…
I know that none of the other parties really stand a chance against PAP, cos firstly, PAP is using all the ministers and pro ppl, and secondly, the election isn’t even fair. There is a PAP logo poster every 50 meters or something, which is more than double of the other parties. Theres no need for so many posters, because seriously, it is impossible to miss, unless u are blind (duh). 3 posters in 1km is enough for everyone to see the politicians faces, whom I dont even know who they are.
Firstly, we went to the Workers party in East Coast GRC. I dint even know my area is considered as East Coast GRC until today, and this makes East Coast GRC rather big. Anyway, it was REALLY crowded when we got there. Kopitiams in the area are sure to have good business…  There was an atmosphere of excitement before we even entered the stadium where the politicians were. There were even ppl cycling or walking on the street with flags on their hats shouting “Workers Party!”
Me and my sister was looking at the Workers party poster, and there was a PAP logo poster directly above it… which was ironic >.< My sister was like saying how it looks like thunder is striking the other party members faces o.O, and that Eric Tan, the main guy of the party there, has some crooked mouth syndrome… Of course, we havent actually went in the stadium, because she would have been owned if she said that inside… Anyway, I wonder what would happen if u tried to tear down a poster or doodle on it XD
The speakers in the stadium were rather loud, but I wondered why the sound nvr cancelled due to destructive interference. Then I realized it was most probably that the speakers are at different frequency. Before u start cursing and think of boxing the crap out of me, I’ll get back to the topic…
The attendance was super high, and the way everyone cheered made me feel that about 80% of them would vote for Workers Party, which is A LOT. There are like 15000+++ ppl there (the +++ is any number between -10000 and infinity >.< bad estimation). Maybe East Coast GRC got hope…
The speech was funny and interesting, although we were all too short to see who was talking (boohoo). I should bring a periscope next time -_-. Anway, the guy was talking about how PAP werent gods and all that, and they dont understand the people’s needs like Workers Party. After that, they talked about how PAP is wasting our money and all that. I can remember a few interesting things they said (not word for word, of course. Im not a wonker)
“PAP said 5 years ago, if we vote for Workers Party, we will regret the next 5 years. Singaporeans still regretted the last 5 years what, right?” -hinting at something-
“You can get 2 Tony Blairs for the price of one prime minister.” -laughter-
“PAP doesnt worry about increasing GST, because the ppl who support them are well-to-do and dont really mind. We the people are struggling to cope with increasing prices.” -internally we all can hear him saying “screw PAP”-
“Foreign talents are taking up Singaporeans jobs. The $1600 salary for a 50-year old person is similar to a young Fillipino from overseas. They are more efficient and also look better. PAP welcomes foreign talent, except one area. Politics.” -cheers and laughter- I like this one XD
Ok, I know im ruining it, screwing up the wording and order badly. There are many more interesting ones, but I cant remember already. What I remember was that everyone was cheering and was shouting “Workers party!” Sometimes, there were even booing.
The more serious topics he talked about rising food prices and how they should increase policies on foreigners, decrease GST, and merge the transport into a monopoly companies to save money. That one reminded me about econs - market structure duopoly. I disagree with the last 2 cos government needs money and monopoly supposedly means ur prices increase? That’s my opinion only >.< im amateur in both politics and econs. He ended off with “Vote for First World parliament! Vote for WORKERS PARTYYYYYYYY!!!!” and everyone was cheering.
Later, the next person was like “Thank u Mr Eric Tan”, and my sister was starstruck, I bet. Moral of the story, never judge a person by their appearance. He was good, really. We were leaving the stadium after that, and Isaac saw me. I bet he was like laughing insanely at the jokes. He certainly looks happy.
My sister was saying Tanjong Pagor doesnt even need to vote, because that is Lee Kuan Yew’s GRC. Plus, the prime minister salary is like 1million a year (wtphallus) and they are considering to increase it to 2 million -_-, so that made me dislike PAP, though I have no standing.
We went to Marine Parade PAP, but it was somewhat…boring. The attendance was like … less than 1000. They were really logical though. The guy was like “PAP has served Marine Parade for many years. NSP can talk, but cannot do. They hide behind the easy and popular choices. We may not make the popular choices, unlike the other parties, because sometimes the popular choices are wrong. We however, know exactly what you want. After all, Mr Goh has served has prime minister for some time…” thats basically it.
We left after that, and it made me think as we made our way home. Firstly, PAP is really biased somewhat. Just look at the posters, and how they only approach more well-to-do ppl. Secondly, Singaporeans deserve to be upset at PAP, because they have to pay so much, and are losing their jobs to foreigners, and things like ERP are just pissing. My father is quite good at this stuff. Hes really knowledgeable in this aspect, cos he can give me all the reasoning and all that.
PAP surely win, I have no doubt. Theres like 4 PAP talks and 4 opposition parties with 1 talk each today. And every GRC has PAP, but only 1 or 2 opposition parties, so its nearly impossible unless u bring down PAP’s votes to 25%. And if Goh Chok Tong or Lee Hsien Loong go to ur house and ask u to support PAP, how can u refuse?
Im sounding kind of argumentative and this post is too long, politically speaking. But on a last note, just as we reached home, there was some guy parking at where my father parks, forcing him to park in front of the gate. He was like “那个王八蛋 park 在我的位置” LOL. Sometimes swearing isnt such a bad thing.
P.S. this post is a complete disregard for the fact that I have exams next week, and im sorry :3 and DAMN its past 12 >.< first march post lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment