Sunday, May 29, 2011

dumpling day.

cant post pics today cos its O-level chinese tmr.... so ive gotta do this fast. my sis gave me a new 16GB card for the camera WOOOT, so got 2! sd cards now and i can store like 2.4k pictures 8DDDD (dun need waste time deleting liao....)

anyway today, my grandma came over to wrap dumplings :o   i dint realise it was dumpling day until only yesterday night, cos i tot it was 3月3日, but thats qing ming jie lol... anyway, its not like i do anything or like that.... usually i just sit there and watch or go play games while all of them working, then after they done, i go spam the dumplings XPPP (i know, fattening, but i dont care XDD). i prefer the one with black rice and meat and red beans and that nut thing, but the white rice one also taste quite nice cos its slightly sweet

anyway, there was whole lot of cooking while i overslept until 12 pm ._., so when i went down, most of the 料 prepared already. i completely forgot how to wrap dumplings (again...). that happens every year btw.

turns out i wasnt the only one to forget XD. my sisters were looking at my grandma and mum fold the paper into some sort of conical/pyramid thing, and it looks damn easy cos u just need to rotate the leaf like 120 degrees only? but then when we did it, there was a hole below o.O

therefore, when i added rice and all the ingredients inside and ready to fold it up, my mum opened it up and restarted lol. basically u just need to push the leaf in abit first before folding that cone shaped thing...

anyway, that wasnt the only difficulty, cos i saw my second sister's one, and my grandma was like saying it looks like kueh lapis LOL. and my eldest sister's one even more epic.... the leaf stick out like some horns, but actually look quite cute XD, but it disintegrated before i manage to take photo of it...

mine wasnt much better. i took like 20 min just to make 1... like folding and refolding, then i dunno how to put ingredient so i anyhow put, but somehow the leaf seems to open by itself ._., so in the end my mum help me fold la.... but i think i managed to make 1 myself today (wooo achievement in life).

the hardest part is to close the dumpling and tie (seriously... dont believe u go try). the dumpling starts getting deformed because i anyhow press, and it looked more like samosa LOL, because i put too little rice. my sis one put too much rice, so it looked like crap XDD. tying also damn difficult, because its like triangular? and the leaf also quite slippery. actually i bet its like chicken feet to most ppl LOL.

they made about 30 altogether. i made 1, my sis made 3, my other sis made 2 :o, and they all fail..... got some nice pictures about dumpling and the cooking part i managed to take steam Xo).

shall post photos using my sis comp with in built SD card thing, or maybe i just go buy tmr.... maybe i go follow chee go somewhere crap around or something before going home. oh ya, can buy graphics card to play maple! 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment