Sunday, April 17, 2011

the stars so bright tonight

Im busy so ill keep this post short. I did nothing in the afternoon except Facebooking and contribute a little to geog project. Oh ya, btw, happy birthday Fiona.

My family went out to eat because my aunt(maid) not at home, except my second sis wasnt there. It was kind of impromptu, because we had no idea where to go, so we went around the changi area. Its full of air bases, and very few people come over here. We drove for only like 1 km when we reach the end of this ulu road, and then we saw the T3 runway of changi airport. I had no idea it was so near. Unfortunately, that was the fire exit, and there was barb wires, so dont even think about breaking in.

After that, we drove along some quiet road, past a lot of air bases and some police radio control tower thing. Then suddenly we saw plenty of cars parked along the road. There were two restaurants there, the Bunker and the House of Seafood. My dad was in a good mood today, so he decided to treat us to something nice.
There were no buildings nearby, so we can see close to the horizon. The moon looked extremely huge next to the horizon, but seems to shrink and become brighter as it goes higher. It sounds like im easily amazed right. But its a long time since i saw the moon like that, cos there are so little ulu places in Singapore, and frankly, u havent appreciated the moon for a long time, have you?

My mum was inappropriately dressed for the Bunker cos it seems very high class, so we went to House of Seafood. I think it was the better choice. Firstly, its rather relaxing, with all this bed-like chairs and table that can swing and hammock chairs. It was outdoor, so there was alot of plants around, and we can hear the crickets. Also, there was a small water feature in the middle, so the atmosphere was quite nice. I regretted that i dint bring my DSLR, so i cant show u what it looks like....

The restaurant was rather near, the runway, so when a airplane comes every 20 minutes or so, i feel the uncomfortable feeling that i have whenever i take the plane (i have a terrible fear of flight). The sound was changing in frequency, and i kind of thought about the Doppler effect....Ok, im being random here.

We ate 3 dishes, veg, then pork, then chilli crab. The veg was shoots with some sort of paste, most probably shrimp. It was simple but nice. The pork was cooked with black pepper sauce, with onions and cabbage. Even though these dishes are simple, i feel they taste much nicer than Western food, like lasagna, for example.

Then came the chilli crab. It is no kick, by chilli crab terms, but to me it was rather spicy. I finished my cold drink, which i came to regret later...

The crab was super juicy, and very tasty. Yes, Singapore is the champion of chilli crab. However, i was reminded about arthropods and their pedidpalps. Yes, you can slap me. I cant describe it to you.... chillli crab is just awesome. After a while though, i started getting desperate cos my tongue was killing me and i was slightly sweaty. But i had no drink left other than hot chrysanthemum tea, and u cant gulp chrysanthemum tea like its water. You know the feeling when ur very desperate, and the person beside u has what u need but refuses to lend you? Yes, my sister had a cold drink, but she kept shaking her head.... damn it... epic sister like her....

After that my mum drank the tea and looked at the bright moon like some sort of old chinese poem. Quite funny, but i dint bring my DSLR >.<

Today's dinner was epic, even though there wasnt any special occasion or anything. We made a note to come here when my mums birthday comes. Actually, there were no stars visible, but it sounds nice like that...

This week was awesome, cos its full of nice events. My family also started becoming nicer. Its like theres a lucky star shining down on me. However, i also feel some profound sadness because its like the calm before the storm. I probably wont be feeling like this until exams are over. Ok, i need to end this post here. The moon is so bright today....

No comments:

Post a Comment