Wednesday, April 27, 2016

sakura

i haven't blogged in a long time, and i have a lot of things to say and at the same time don't really want to say. but anyway to summarize, the trip to japan was really fantastic. and it was also a huge trainwreck for me. it didn't turn out the way i expected it to cos i screwed up really bad. but even still, i really enjoyed my time there, and i guess i took away a lot of lessons and memories. money can always be earned back, and mistakes can always be amended for afterwards.

so the great thing about this trip was i got to do almost everything i wanted to do. see the sakura, took nice photos, derp around a lot, go sing karaoke in japan, stock up on a lot of anime goods and manga that i wanted, and tried out more varieties of food that i didn't get to last time.

we derped around a lot more this trip. like in sendai where we traveled 2 hours all the way there just to take shadow photos of everyone, or in odaiba where we just played free racing games and other cool stuff. we also took a lot of random videos, but yea it won't leave the group cos either we'll get judged for being retarded or its offensive to certain ppl haha.

we also had a car trip on one of the days in takeyama (the mountain area). the sights were really pretty, except it was so cold that day that we were running back to the car. it actually snowed that day, which kind of caught everyone off guard, since it was mid-april by then.

i also feel very satisfied for the tokyo part of the trip cos we din't spend all our time in kbooks, tower records or animate anymore. got to see and try out a little bit more this time. tried umeshu, tried beard papa, went to karaoke, ate value meals as wong would put it. had way more productive shopping time as well cos we had portable wifi and data sims, so ppl can split up and do what they want so that we don't have to wait 4 hours for someone to finish finding their photobooks (no offense haha).

while there was a lot of ups in this trip for me, there was a lot of downs also. i don't want to put a damper to how much i enjoyed the trip, and also not to cause any offense to anyone cos in the end i blame myself the most for causing so much trouble during the trip.

basically the biggest mistake was not bringing my 21 day jr pass voucher, which meant that for the first few days, to accommodate me, plans had to be changed, travelling time increased, and we missed some parts of the itenary. it wasn't 100% my fault, but i admit that it was kind of a snowball effect cos of that mistake.

we missed train after train, close to 15% train missing rate. the worst feeling is when we run so hard only to miss it by a few seconds, which causes us to miss another train, which ultimately results in cutting off certain areas since there's no time le. in my opinion, we are pushing ourselves too hard to see stuff that can be missed. it's a vacation afterall, we should avoid stress and tight schedules and running. but since i'm partially the reason for all the plan changes, i din't give my opinion at that time.

i lost a lot of stuff too, like my wallet, and my 5-day pass, but at least those mistakes din't had that much negative impact on others, except for their mood and their trust in me. at some point i was blaming myself really hard, but i told myself to enjoy the trip as much as i could, and will try to make up for my mistakes afterwards.

im lucky that my parents also went to japan, gave me a little top up of my money and a replacement pass, as well as help me cool off from the negative feeling i've incurred from the start of the trip. which turned out well, cos the second half of the trip was much smoother and we stopped trying to push impossible itenaries as well.

so anyway, i learnt a lot of things about the rest during this trip. i'm not sure if they dislike me now, but i did try my best in the second half to make up for my mistakes. idk if i need to say this, but i'm not harbouring any negative feelings towards anyone. so instead of saying sorry, i'd say thank you, for accommodating me in this trip, and giving me a lot of fond memories as well as lessons to take away.

that's all for now ba. it was fun while it lasted haha. bye ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment